Sunday, August 19, 2007

From Todd Falcone; shared by Michael Lemm

Todd Falcone....someone I respect very highly in our industry....recently shared a "hit you between the eyes" forum message EVERYONE should take note of. I provided it below...edited a bit for some of the non-relative content. My advice...sit down, remove any distractions, and read carefully.

============================

Hype And Crap In MLM Advertising

I read everything. Literally, every time I am surfing the web.....I look at ad copy, squeeze pages, sales letter pages, etc. Plus, I read all of the "printed" MLM publications and it shocks me to see some of the B.S. ads people run to attract people to respond.

My question is this: Why not simply get CREATIVE, think OUTSIDE of the box a bit and simply write a GOOD QUALITY ad, rather than make yourself look stupid?

I know it is critically important in advertising to set yourself apart from the competition and to make your opportunity and/or product or service, but man...what's with all the crap out there. I mean...the companies being advertised might be good companies, but HOW they are being marketed just makes the entire profession look bad.

Here's a few examples (leaving out the actual names of people doing this):

* Joe and Bob will make you rich!
* Dressing up like a clown in your ad.
* Did you miss the Noni, Xango, Eniva, Vemma, Via Viente, Mona Vie Explosions?
* Extremely Fast Cash!
* Entire Downlines Are Already Moving Over!
* Serious Cash, Not MLM, No Selling!
* We LITERALLY do ALL the work FOR you!

I could give my reasons why each of these techniques, actual headlines and subheads used in ads pretty much stink, but you're all smart enough not do to this..... aren't you?

We are in a business that requires work, commitment and skill development. Promoting our profession as something that will make you rich and put super fast money in your pocket without doing any work is simply a lie.

I love this too. Guerilla baby! I see people ALL the time who use my name for Pay-per-Click ads. Smart for sure! But, just do me and you a favor IF you are one of those who use my name or someone else's name to attract leads to your site using Google Ad Words or other PPC avenues.

Don't say:

Todd Falcone Recommends
The Shocking Truth about Todd Falcone
Todd Falcone's Favorite Program

People do this all the time with my name and others. I don't have a problem with this very geurilla and smart marketing tactic, but don't LIE!

Seriously...if you want to know what I mean, go do a Google search on Todd Falcone and see what people are doing. Do a Google search for ANYONE who has made a name for themselves in this profession and you will see the same thing.

Yes...market.

But....pllleaaasseeee market yourself in a respectable way.

Just my thoughts....

=============================

Love, Live Abundantly!
Carrie Gebbie, MS
310-460-9680
http://Together.ws

Come learn about the Chopra Center endorsed Zrii!
http://ZSuccess.com or

If timing is everything, then consider yourself blessed! (We are, aren't we!)

No comments: